Novato cycling experience
Novato is our five nights, six day, entry-level cycling experience with four days cycling and the option to take a day off the bike to relax pool-side or explore the local area. You will enjoy the tranquility of rolling coast-lined roads featuring panoramic ocean views, together with climbs that you take great satisfaction in achieving.
Am I fit enough for the Novato experience?
- Cycling up to 30 miles (48 km) each day
- Several moderate climbs with gradients less than 6% and no longer than 600 yards (548 meters)
- Climbing up to 400 feet (122 meters) in a day
- Comfortable being in the saddle for up to four hours in the day with breaks every hour
- Capable of riding for four consecutive days
Moderado cycling experience
Moderado is our five nights, six day package for more experienced cyclists. Riders enjoy traffic-free, open roads with quality surfaces to explore this stunning part of the Algarve that offers breath-taking scenery.
Am I fit enough for the Moderado experience?
- Cycling 30-50 miles (48-80 km) each day
- Includes at least one good climb (category four or three).
- Climbing up to 2,000 feet per day (609 meters)
- Comfortable being in the saddle for up to five hours a day with breaks ever hour and a half
- You are capable of riding for five consecutive days however if you preferred to take a day off the bike, either remaining poolside or exploring the local area, this can be arranged for you.
Difícil cycling experience
Our most challenging experience, five nights, six day package. Difícil will take you from the sands of Mediterranean Sea to the iconic, 3,000 foot (914 meters) summit of Foia in the Sierra de Monchique mountain range as visited regularly by the Volta Ao Algarve. From here experience 50mph descents taking in the rustic charm and beauty of the mountain valley villages to a spectacular finish overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
Am I fit enough for the Difícil experience?
- Cycling more than 50 miles (128 km) each day
- Category three ascents
- At least two good climbs per day
- Experience of fast mountain road descents
- Comfortable being in the saddle for over five hours per day with breaks every two hours Capable of riding for five consecutive days however if you preferred to take a day off the bike, either remaining poolside or exploring the local area, this can be arranged for you.